The Collection Systems Committee was created in 1999. The mission statement of the committee is:
“To protect public health and the environment by promoting the safe and efficient collection and transport of wastewater.”
The objectives of the committee include but are not limited to:
- Provide a link with the national (WEF) Collection Systems Committee to exchange information.
- Provide a forum to review, discuss and address local and national issues involving wastewater collection systems, including technological advancements, and regulatory policies.
- Encourage participation of HWEA members who have interest in the broad range of collection systems topics such as:
- Provide a local source of information regarding the development of new technologies and methods in the field of collections systems.
– Collection system operations and maintenance
– Planning and design
– Construction and system rehabilitation
The possible activities of the committee include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical information on the design, operation and maintenance of collection system facilities.
- Provide the latest information on collection systems issues and facilitate action on these issues.
- Provide the community with technical and general support for collection systems issues.
- Organize collection systems related conferences and training sessions.
- Establish subcommittees to focus on specific topics involved with wastewater collections systems (such as Operations, Regulatory Policies, Planning Engineering, Construction Methods/Materials).
- Maintain active contact with the WEF national Collection Systems Committee.
- Host a Biennial Collection System Workshop on alternate (odd numbered) years of the Biennial Water Reuse Conference.